Register for New Student Orientation Part 1 (NSO1)
Select your NSO1 Date via Online Registration »
You must take your math placement test before scheduling a date. Your date will be cancelled if there are no test results on record.
Preparing for New Student Orientation: Part 1 Advising and Scheduling
- Pay your acceptance fee
- Take your online placement test--PLEASE TAKE THIS TEST SERIOUSLY
- NSO1 is an all day program with registration beginning at 8:15am. Participants can expect to be done by 4:00pm.
- NSO1 runs from mid-June to early July.
- Arrive prepared for your NSO1 date with a government-issued form of photo ID (such as a driver's license or state issued ID card, passport, or U.S. military photo ID) and a pencil or pen.
- If you are age 24, a veteran, a parent or a spouse, please contact the Academic Advising Center at 610-396-6280.
- View a video to learn about your day at NSO1.
New Student Orientation Part 1: Advising and Scheduling, conducted by Penn State's Berk's Division of Undergraduate Studies, assists new first-year students to evaluate their educational plans by reviewing results of the placement test, discussing academic goals and receiving academic advising guidance and scheduling courses.
This program is the first stage of academic advising, It provides students with an understanding of their scholastic preparation, academic ability, and educational and professional interests. It introduces students to the academic structure, expectations and degree programs of the University.
Overnight Accommodations Available for New Student Orientation
For students and parents who are traveling to Penn State Berks for our New Student Orientation 2 program, we are pleased to offer overnight accommodations. Our residence halls will be open, to families in order to make your visit to our campus more leisurely. Share your student’s new environment by experiencing in part how he/she will live during the school year. Reasonable room prices will include a continental breakfast.
For information and reservations, call 610-396-6353
- New Student Orientation Part 1