SHRM Learning System®
Certificate in Professional Human Resource Management
The 2013 SHRM Learning System is filled with new features, including innovative study tools that help streamline your study time and build confidence for passing the certification exam.
The PHR/SPHR Certification Review Course is designed to provide you with an overview of key areas in human resource management. Materials include six modules that correspond to the six functional areas, responsibilities, and associated knowledge as defined by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). The program is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as study material for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification administered by HRCI.
- Business Management and Strategy
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Risk Management
Who Should Attend
- HR practitioners seeking professional development to enhance or advance their career
- Experienced managers who are new to the human resource field
- Mid-level managers pursuing career change or promotion
- HR professionals planning to take the PHR or SPHR certification exams
- HR professionals pursuing a broad overview of human resource management
- HR specialists desiring a broader understanding of human resource management
This course is strategic in nature, preparing HR professionals for career advancement opportunities. The course features open, interactive forums and "real-world" case studies to effectively reinforce the key concepts of each session.
Participants minimize travel expenses for professional development.
Practitioner-focused and competency-based:
The curriculum is designed by subject matter experts and includes application exercises that develop specific competencies and decision-making skills.
Many participants will be eligible to apply for employer tuition reimbursement.
The course provides opportunities for HR professionals to network, share experiences, and apply what they learn to the workplace.
Certified HR professionals can earn credits toward PHR/SPHR recertification.
Local courses are attractive to busy professionals because they are offered after work hours.
Please note that to earn either the PHR or SPHR designation, candidates must have at least two (2) years of exempt-level experience in the HR field.
Testing period is May 1- June 30, 2013. Please check the HRCI website for detailed testing information, www.hrci.org or call HRCI at 800-283-7476.
The SHRM Learning System Course® registration fee includes six workbooks that are based upon the HRCI test specifications and a certificate of completion. Each module includes:
- In-depth readings to expand your knowledge and reinforce what you already know.
- Application exercises that ask you to apply the information to "real-world" situations.
- Periodic progress checks, with approximately 300 printed questions located throughout the course to continually reinforce your learning, ensure your retention of the reading materials and provide test-taking practice.
- A glossary of terms to make it easier to review key terms.
- An index to help locate and review specific topics.
- A bibliography for further research topics of interest.
The course also includes:
- A software component that is designed to help increase performance on certification exams and encourage more strategic thinking on HR issues.
- Individual post-module testing that allows you to assess your HR knowledge in each functional area.
- A Guide to Smart Test Taking to help improve your test-taking skills.
- Reference charts of important legislation, case law, and commonly used acronyms.
Scheduled Class in this Program:
SHRM Certification Review Course - 20 hours of instruction, 20 hours of web instruction
Dates: Saturdays, March 16- May 18, 2013 (no class March 30, April 20)
Times: 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Cost: $1,249 (includes books and program materials)
Location: 109 Franco Building
Register online soon.
Register by completing and mailing the form to PSU Berks CE (address on form)
- Adult Learner Programs
- About our Non-credit Programs
- Career Development