SHRM Learning System®
Certificate in Professional Human Resource Management
The 2013 SHRM Learning System is filled with new features, including innovative study tools that help streamline your study time and build confidence for passing the certification exam.
The PHR/SPHR Certification Review Course is designed to provide you with an overview of key areas in human resource management. Materials include six modules that correspond to the six functional areas, responsibilities, and associated knowledge as defined by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). The program is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as study material for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification administered by HRCI.
- Business Management and Strategy
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Risk Management
The course materials includes:
- A software component that is designed to help increase performance on certification exams and encourage more strategic thinking on HR issues.
- Individual post-module testing that allows you to assess your HR knowledge in each functional area.
- A Guide to Smart Test Taking to help improve your test-taking skills.
- Reference charts of important legislation, case law, and commonly used acronyms.
HRCertification Eligibility Information
PHR Eligibility: 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor's Degree; 2 years of demonstrated professional experience with a Bachelor's degree; 1 year of demonstarted professional HR experience with a master's degree or higher
SHRM Eligibility: 7 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor's degree; 5 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor's degree; 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master's degree or higher. Visit the HRCI website for detailed testing information, www.hrci.org or call HRCI at 800-283-7476.
Fee and Fall Class Schedule
SHRM Certification Review Course-
Dates: Tuesdays, September 24-December 10, 2013
Times: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Cost: $1,195 (includes books and program materials)
Location: Students have the opportunity to chose the location that is most convenient to them; choose either the Berks Campus or Penn State, The Lancaster Center. This course will be made available via video-conferencing and the instructor will alternate teaching between locations.
Be sure to register no later than September 17 to ensure you will have your books for the first night of class.
Check with your employer to determine if you are eligible for employer tuition reimbursement.
- Adult Learner Programs
- About our Non-credit Programs
- Career Development