SHRM Learning System®
Certificate in Professional Human Resource Management
The 2014 SHRM Learning System is filled with new features, including innovative study tools that help streamline your study time and build confidence for passing the certification exam.
The PHR/SPHR Certification Review Course is designed to provide you with an overview of key areas in human resource management. Materials include six modules that correspond to the six functional areas, responsibilities, and associated knowledge as defined by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). The program is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as study material for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification administered by HRCI.
- Business Management and Strategy
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Risk Management
The course materials includes:
- A software component that is designed to help increase performance on certification exams and encourage more strategic thinking on HR issues.
- Individual post-module testing that allows you to assess your HR knowledge in each functional area.
- A Guide to Smart Test Taking to help improve your test-taking skills.
- Reference charts of important legislation, case law, and commonly used acronyms.
HRCertification Eligibility Information
PHR Eligibility: 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor's Degree; 2 years of demonstrated professional experience with a Bachelor's degree; 1 year of demonstarted professional HR experience with a master's degree or higher
SHRM Eligibility: 7 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor's degree; 5 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor's degree; 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master's degree or higher. Visit the HRCI website for detailed testing information, www.hrci.org or call HRCI at 800-283-7476.
Fee and Fall Class Schedule
SHRM Certification Review Course-
Dates: Saturdays, March 8, March 22, April 12 and April 26, 2014
Times: 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Cost: $1,195 (includes books and program materials)
Location: Berks Campus
Be sure to register no later than March 1 to ensure you will have books for the first night of class.
Check with your employer to determine if you are eligible for employer tuition reimbursement.
- Adult Learner Programs
- About our Non-credit Programs
- Career Development