Earn a Penn State 12-credit certificate in less than one year.
Learn in an interactive classroom setting with a Penn State instructor and other adult learners.
Build your resume to advance your career.
Gain specialized knowledge on workplace and employment issues from both the employee and the employer perspectives.
The Business Essentials for Professionals credit certificate is designed specifically for adult learners who:
- need an accelerated and convenient way to earn a credit in business
- want knowledge and skills in the management of information systems, effective communication, selling techniques, and management principles
- desire a credit certificate from an institution recognized around the world
- require real-time interaction and support from the instructor and students in the classroom to learn effectively
Courses in this certificate program (Thursday evenings):
- MIS 204: Introduction to Business Information Systems, Fall 2013 (Term 1), begins August 29, 2013
- BA 100: Introduction to Business, Fall 2013 (Term 2), begins October 24, 2013
- CAS 100A: Effective Speech, Spring 2014
- MKTG 220: Introduction to Selling Techniques, Spring 2014
To learn more about this certificate, contact our Adult Student Enrollment Coordinator, Solange Israel-Mintz, at 610-396-6222 or BK-AdultStudent@psu.edu.
- Adult Learner Programs
- About our Non-credit Programs
- Career Development