Are you an Adult Student?
An adult learner is 24 years of age or older; a veteran of the armed services; or active duty service member; an individual returning to school after four years or more of employment, homemaking, etc; or a person who assumes multiple adult roles such as parent, spouse/partner, employee, and student. Adult students may choose to attend on a part-time or full-time basis, taking credit or non-credit courses. While some adult students formally apply to the University right away, others begin classes on an informal basis and choose to go through the admissions process later in their educational experience. As an adult learner at Penn State Berks, you'll have unlimited potential. You can:
- get professional guidance and support all along the way.
- select from non-credit, certificate, and degree programs.
- take advantage of a variety of scheduling options, including enrolling part- or full-time, participating in day and/or evening classes; or studying at home through correspondence or courses via the Internet.
- interact with a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
- accumulate college credits that are transferable to other learning institutions.
- earn a certificate or degree that is respected worldwide.
SAT I, or ACT scores will be waived for adult applicants who have been out of high school five or more years or veterans who have served in the military four years with an honorable discharge. In addition we will review each applicant's high school coursework and/or GED individually as we consider you for admission. Learn more...
An applicant who has not met entrance requirements or achieved a 2.00 grade-point average on a 4.00 scale for graded courses taken at institutions previously attended and who has been absent from the institution(s) for four calendar years may apply to enroll in credit courses as a provisional student. Learn more...
If you attended Penn State previously as a degree candidate and want to return, there is a process to follow. Learn more...
Perkins Student Center
P.O. Box 7009
Reading, PA 19610