Bachelor of Arts in Theatre
Students seeking admission to the Theatre Department at Penn State Berks should:
- Apply for admission to Penn State Berks. The Admissions Office prefers that all students use the online web application.
- Schedule a day/time for an interview with the Theatre Department Program Coordinator, James N. Brown. He may be contacted at 610-396-6419 and email@example.com.
- It would be useful for the student to email a resume of any theatre work to Mr. Brown a week prior to the interview.
Bachelor of Arts Freshmen, Advanced Standing Students and Change of Major students:
- All students declaring a Theatre major are required to interview with the faculty.
- The interview will focus on the student’s past theatre activity and the desired focus for future workin the major.
- Those students interested in the Performance Option are required to perform an audition at the end of the first semester of the Sophomore year of study. That is the time at which formal declaration of a theatre major may occur.
- For an audition, the student should prepare an age appropriate one minute monologue from a contemporary published theatrical text. Please clear the chosen material with the Program Coordinator prior to the audition.
- B.A. in Theatre