Activities you can integrate into your FYS class
Many classroom discussions can be generated using the following ideas to begin the dialogue:
- Describe the writing style
- Compare this story to other stories that have a spiritual/moral/ethical message
- How can you make the right decisions?
- Who is responsible for a successful first year?
- Diversity and respect
- Library research skills
- Research the author
- Book topics/themes
- Reflective writing
- Journaling- what does this book say to you?
- Analyze the bigger message
- Writing style, voice, and audience
- How does the writer use his style to convey a message?
- What does this say about how you write to an audience?